The Mill Creek Fire Dept. was organized in 1946 with a charter of 13 member's and currently has a membership of 48 active firefighter's and approximatly 700 social member's.The first piece of apparatus used for fire protection was a 1949 LaFrance pumper with an 800 gal. booster tank.
The current membership of 48 firefighter's provides Fire and E.M.S. protection to Mill Creek Borough and two adjoining township's with a Pumper, Heavy Rescue, Tanker, Brush, QRS, UTV and a Utility unit.The Mill Creek Fire Dept. is currently the only Dept. in the county enrolled in the State Firefighter Certification Program. We average over 300 call's per year compared to the 10 call's in 1949.
Mill Creek, Pa 17060